Well, as you can see, my "keys to the game" played out dead on.
1. Luongo Rattled. I think the Rolston slapper that hurt Roberto early in the game had him a bit skittish. Rolston and Radio both scored on slap-shots later in the game. Rolston's came on a penalty shot...I can't remember the last time I saw a shooter attempt a slapper on a penalty shot or doing a shoot-out, and Rolston's got a cannon.
2. Todd Vanderjagt White. White clearly kicked in the Wild's first goal and the referee called it that way initially, but it went to Toronto for review and they called it a goal. While it wasn't exactly clear that White made a kicking motion with his skate, the referee clearly thought he did and that's good enough for me. A gift for the Wild when they really needed it.
3. Parrish in the Dog House. I think it's official now. Lemaire doesn't like his work ethic and it was reflected in his ice time again tonight. 10:04 in total ice time and Dupuis took his spot on the last power play.
4. Red at Home. I love the 3rd jerseys at home; they should make the greenies the 3rd and the reds the home sweaters. Great look.
5. Faith No More. During a stoppage I heard them play "Epic" by Faith No More. Now that's a song you never hear played at a sporting event. Underrated song that made me want to grow my mullet back.
Nashville on Saturday in what should be a great game. The Preds are playing the best hockey (save Buffalo) in the NHL at the moment. Roy out.