After today's post I pledge to stop blogging about the team in freefall from Vancouver and concentrate more on the Wild. But, as promised, here is my list of my Top 5 Most Hated Canucks of All Time:
1. Jarkko Ruutu-- this selection doesn't need much an explanation. Even just looking at the guy makes me hate him. He's the only reason I don't watch more Penguin games.
2. Matt F-in Cooke -- this is the guy who gets in everyone's face but never backs it up. He's the guy who'll check you from behind and quickly skate for the bench. He's the guy who yells to Pierre-Marc Bouchard "you wanna go?" and then skate away faster than Eric Heiden. I gave real consideration to making him #1, but just couldn't quite do it.
3. The Sedin Twins -- I've got no real reason here to hate them, I just do. Sometimes I think they just switch jerseys to f*** with the opponents, not that it really makes any difference. Is it possible that one of them was cloned at age 7 by some evil Swedish scientist?
4. Bert -- need I elaborate here? He's the guy who told Wild fans in line for tickets to Game 6 to "go home" because there wouldn't be a 6th game. After months of therapy I actually like him as a player now, especially now that he's out of the division.
5. Dan Cloutier -- just kidding. He was my favorite Canuck and it isn't close.