I've been thinking about this matchup with Anaheim since lunch and I now firmly believe that the Wild will win the series. In support of this I offer my 6 Reasons Why the Ducks Will Lose to the Wild:
1. Goaltending. Nik Backstrom has been the best goalie in the NHL since the All Star Break. He doesn't let in softies, period.
2. The Revenge Factor. Last time these teams met in the playoffs the Wild was lucky to score a single goal. They were embarrassed in the Finals and are ready to erase painful memories that are burned into my brain.
3. Marian Gaborik and Pavol Demitra. Enough said.
4. Derek Boogaard has discovered he can do more than kill people with his left hand. This last stretch of games has found him becoming a major nuisance in front of the net and Lemaire isn't afraid anymore to play him semi-regularly.
5. The Earl Sleek Factor. Sleek will look past our pesky club and install a sense of overconfidence in Ducks players who read BOC regularly. I look forward to his drinky posts once the series begins.
6. My coach can beat up your coach. While this would be an intriguing fight, I am positive Lemaire would pound the crap out of Randy Carlyle.