- The Wild were outplayed for most of the game tonight, but managed to cash in on some Phoenix miscues near the end of the game to steal it. It's cliche, but great teams find ways to win games they're aren't supposed to and that was the case tonight.
- Burnsie gets blindsided by Shane Doan. Cheap hit by the Phoenix captain.
- Gaborik tussles with Keith Ballard. Almost a Gordie Howe hat-trick for #10: a goal and a near fight with the Minnesota native.
- Confidence in James Sheppard -- Lemaire had the 19 year old on the ice with a 1 goal lead and 2 minutes remaining. Solid game for the rook.
- I watched tonight's game on the Coyotes TV feed on Center Ice. Listening to their TV guys really made me realize how piss-poor the FSN guys are. Analyst Darren Pang is outstanding...why can't we get someone like that? Greenlay doesn't suck, but he doesn't add much to the broadcast either.
Saturday, October 13, 2007
Game 4: Wild 3, Coyotes 2
Well, this gets the road trip off on the right foot; the moms can stay for another game.