...the Wild will beat Colorado:
1. Theodore will melt down. Colorado’s fun to watch run-and shoot style will result in a few too many Gaborik and Demitra odd man rushes for No. 60.
2. The Blue Line. Burns and Schultz trump Liles and Leopold. Even with the Skoula factor, I like Minnesota’s team here.
3. Coaching. Is there anyone out there who thinks Lemaire couldn’t beat the living crap out of Quinneville in a fist fight?
4. The Altitude. Means. Nothing. Every time there’s a playoff series in Denver they always bring up the altitude. It may be the most overrated advantage ever. As long as there is oxygen at the Pepsi Center they’ll be ok.
5. Uniforms. Why is there a footprint on their sleeve? While I acknowledge Scott Hannan looks a little yeti-like, he wasn’t around when they came up with these.
6. Floppa. Peter Forsberg will not play in every game. His groin is made of play-dough and could tear at any moment.
7. Senior Sakic. He had a nice run, but it’s over. Too old to be a serious factor.
8. Buttermilk Pancake Sign from God. On Sunday I ordered some hotcakes at Perkins for breakfast and when they came to my table there was a pat of butter on top that clearly resembled the Wild logo. Jesus is on our side.
9. Andrew Brunette Undercover. The large-rumped forward switched teams a few years ago in a secret operation thought up by Lemaire. Go undercover, play astonishingly well for Colorado and then tank it when the teams meet in the playoffs. Brilliant!
10. Greatness. Minnesota is the birthplace of such greatness as Gena Lee Nolin, Sinclair Lewis and Bob Dylan. Who does Colorado claim? Zachery Ty Bryan (Bradley from "Home Improvement"). Check and mate.