Ok, let's pretend I'm Doug Risebrough. After going to America's Best for new glasses, I'd make serious attempts to sign the following free agents:
1. Ryan Malone ~ tough nosed forward would be a perfect fit, but might be too expensive. Worth a shot at around $4.5m per year.
2. Kristian Huselius ~ he'd take the spot left by Pavol. Offer him $4.5m also.
3. Mike Commodore ~ yes, I know he's a Fighting Sioux, but sometimes we have to sleep with the enemy in order to succeed. Would add some much-needed grit to the back line. Offer $2.5m.
4. John-Michael Liles ~ a puck-moving defenseman? We haven't seen that on a regular basis since..., well since..., you get my point. $4.0m.
5. Foppa ~ just dreaming here. Throw him a $4.0m offer and see if he bites. The day this happens is the day I start learning Swedish.
Let's see what happens July 1st. My best guess is that they'll make a run at Malone, lose out because he's too expensive and they'll settle for Andrew Brunette.