Ok, it's not the end of the season yet, but it is still a good time to look at the impending free agents on the Wild. Here they are in no particular order, along with my thoughts:
1. Marian Gaborik (UFA) ~ I'd try and sign him to a one year deal for around $5.0m.
2. Benoit Pouliot (RFA) ~ see ya, Benny.
3. Stephane Veilleux (UFA) ~ try for 2 years at $1.0m per.
4. Dan Fritsche (RFA) ~ the jury is out. No opinion yet.
5. Peter Olvecky (RFA) ~ ditto.
6. Martin Skoula (UFA) ~ gonzo.
7. Marc-Andre Bergeron (UFA) ~ a keeper in the $1.0 to $1.5m range.
8. Kurtis Foster (UFA) ~ keep him also, but no pay increase from his $1.025m contract.
9. Nik Backstrom (UFA) ~ Try and sign for $4.5m per year over 3 or 4 seasons.
10. Josh Harding (RFA) ~ another keeper, maybe $1.5 per year for 2 or 3 seasons.
If Gaborik leaves, it's imperative to sign a scorer, but who that would be is a mystery to me.