I Was Wrong

On December 31, 2010 I wrote on Twitter that “Richards must go.” It really summed up months of frustration about the team’s poor play and at the time I truly meant it. Fourteen games later, a 10-4 record and with the team currently sitting in 7th position in the Western Conference, I can say that I was wrong.

Wild coach Todd Richards has this team playing at a very high level, especially on the road. He is getting outstanding contributions from young defensemen, coaxing great performances from both goaltenders and even has winger Martin Havlat playing at all All-Star level. This team has come together and seems to be heading in the right direction.

Bloggers (and many other fans for that matter) are often criticized for having knee-jerk reactions to poor team play and unfortunately that was the case for me. Then again, if the team loses tomorrow night in Phoenix I reserve the right to call for GM Chuck Fletcher’s head. It’s a good thing I can’t fire myself.

Bill Peterson / / hockey