So you're making plans to attend the 2011 NHL Entry Draft in St. Paul and you're wondering what else you can do while you're in the Twin Cities. Well, here are some suggestions of historic places to visit:
1. Dino Cicarelli's former home in Edina ~ see for yourself where Hall of Famer Dino walked down his driveway wearing nothing but a t-shirt.
2. The office where Doug Risebrough came up with the plan to not trade Marian Gaborik or Brian Rolston before they entered free agency.
3. Bloomington IKEA ~ see the location where the North Stars played for 25+ years and enjoy some Swedish meatballs while you're at it.
4. KFAN(*), WCCO or 1500ESPN Radio Studios ~ don't care too much for hockey talk on the radio? Then these are your stations.
5. Wild Puck Banter World Headquarters ~ see where the magic happens every single day.
In all seriousness, out of town visitors would be remissed not to take a brewery tour at either Summit Brewing of St. Paul or Surly in Brooklyn Center. Damn fine beers. Is it 4:00 yet?
(*) Brandon Mileski excluded.