After a 7-1 loss last night in Denver I'm rethinking things. Just how bad are the Minnesota Wild playing right now? In all seriousness, I'm not sure they could beat the UMTC Golden Gophers in a best of 3. Defensemen are turning the puck over, forwards can't find the net with the puck and now even the goaltenders are letting in softies. Over the last 18 hours I've asked myself the following questions, in no particular order:
(1) Was the blazing first 2 months of the season a mirage?
(2) Is Coach Mike Yeo really the right guy for the job?
(3) Are any of our defenseman legit NHL players?
(4) Is Dany Heatley done?
(5) Why does my basement bathroom smell like a dead raccoon is in the shower?
(6) Despite the prospects, did we get hosed in the Brent Burns' trade?
(7) Does Chuck Fletcher know what he's doing?
(8) After Nail Yakupov, who are the best players in June's draft?
I can honestly say I don't know definitive answers to any of these questions, outside of #5. This prolonged slide has got me questioning everything about the team and the answers are nowhere to be found.
In an attempt to make me feel better, I watched this clip 3 times: