Taking It Too Far

The pattern always goes like this:  someone comes up with a great idea, it succeeds, then they try to expand the idea and it makes everything including the original, great idea worse.  The marketing mavens at Taco Bell came up with the Doritos Locos Taco last year and it was met with resounding praise.  It was a perfect combination; I have consumed hundreds.

But now they are taking it one step further.  Soon you will be able to order a Doritos Loco Taco in either the original Nacho Cheese or Cool Ranch flavor.  Seriously?  A Cool Ranch Taco.  Another case of tampering with perfection in order to make more money.  Will I try one?  Of course I will, but I won’t be happy about it.

Paul Mont / / hockey