August 20, 2014

Weekly Ramblings

As I slowly get back on the blogging horse, today I offer these random thoughts:
  • Goaltending aside, the most important player on the Minnesota Wild is Jonas Brodin.  I thought Brodin suffered through a bit of a sophomore slump last season and he needs to bounce back if this team is to take the next step.
  • Speaking of goaltending, I am totally comfortable going into the season with a tandem of Josh Harding and Nik Backstrom.
  • I'm thinking of taking 6 months off my day job and touring the country stopping to eat only at places featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.
  • Could the Canucks do me a favor and be relevant again?  Life is much better when I didn't feel guilty about hating on a bad team.  It's like pushing the fat kid over.
  • I am done with super hero movies.  Not interested anymore, sorry Marvel/DC.
  • Chorizo rocks.
  • I am narrowing down my favorite Eastern Conference team to these finalists:  Islanders, Senators and Panthers.  Clearly I'm not a bandwagon-jumper.
  • The NHL Network needs to add some sort of Kathryn Tappen show in the offseason.
That's it for now.  More to come later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment