August 20, 2014

Weekly Ramblings

As I slowly get back on the blogging horse, today I offer these random thoughts:
  • Goaltending aside, the most important player on the Minnesota Wild is Jonas Brodin.  I thought Brodin suffered through a bit of a sophomore slump last season and he needs to bounce back if this team is to take the next step.
  • Speaking of goaltending, I am totally comfortable going into the season with a tandem of Josh Harding and Nik Backstrom.
  • I'm thinking of taking 6 months off my day job and touring the country stopping to eat only at places featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.
  • Could the Canucks do me a favor and be relevant again?  Life is much better when I didn't feel guilty about hating on a bad team.  It's like pushing the fat kid over.
  • I am done with super hero movies.  Not interested anymore, sorry Marvel/DC.
  • Chorizo rocks.
  • I am narrowing down my favorite Eastern Conference team to these finalists:  Islanders, Senators and Panthers.  Clearly I'm not a bandwagon-jumper.
  • The NHL Network needs to add some sort of Kathryn Tappen show in the offseason.
That's it for now.  More to come later in the week.

August 15, 2014

Almost Here!

Due to circumstances out of my control, the volcanic eruption of hockey opinions is delayed until Sunday or Monday.  I will, however, give you one pearl of wisdom until then:  Unless you enjoy stomach discomfort, avoid the shredded chicken Quesarito at Taco Bell.

August 12, 2014

Upcoming Surge

Look for a surge of new posts beginning tomorrow.  Most will be hockey-related, but not all.