- Goaltending aside, the most important player on the Minnesota Wild is Jonas Brodin. I thought Brodin suffered through a bit of a sophomore slump last season and he needs to bounce back if this team is to take the next step.
- Speaking of goaltending, I am totally comfortable going into the season with a tandem of Josh Harding and Nik Backstrom.
- I'm thinking of taking 6 months off my day job and touring the country stopping to eat only at places featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives.
- Could the Canucks do me a favor and be relevant again? Life is much better when I didn't feel guilty about hating on a bad team. It's like pushing the fat kid over.
- I am done with super hero movies. Not interested anymore, sorry Marvel/DC.
- Chorizo rocks.
- I am narrowing down my favorite Eastern Conference team to these finalists: Islanders, Senators and Panthers. Clearly I'm not a bandwagon-jumper.
- The NHL Network needs to add some sort of Kathryn Tappen show in the offseason.
August 20, 2014
As I slowly get back on the blogging horse, today I offer these random thoughts: